Monday, December 12, 2011

Martha Freakin' Stewart (Vol 1)


So as many of you may know I have decided to make a lot of my gifts this year.
Well this weekend I channeled my inner Martha & started gettin' my bake on!

I made a few of these goodies here:

Fudge (multiple yummy kinds)
Saltine Toffee
Rocha Toffee
Rum Balls
Haystacks
Oatmeal Cookies
Funfetti Cookies

Each day I'm going to post a recipe of what I've made with pictures of how the process should go!

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Today's recipe:

Fudge

Here's what you'll need:

1 cup - Cream
1/2 stick - Butter
4 cups - Marshmallows
3 cups - Chocolate Chips
Pinch of salt

In a medium saucepan simmer cream, butter, marshmallows & salt until creamy.
Off heat add in chocolate chips until smooth & evenly mixed. Pour into 9x13 foil lined cake pan. Let stand until firms up (I let mine set up for 12 hours)


First I line my cake pan, it's easy to do that first


Make sure to constantly stir, because the cream & marshmallows will expand quickly

(Almost done)


When chocolate has melted it's time to pour into pan 


Looks YUMMY! 

~~~~~~~~~~

This is when I made it with white chocolate chips 


I smashed mini candy canes w/ my rolling pin to put top  


See, looks AMAZING! (added a few sprinkles for glitz) 

This was SO simple I practically smacked myself for not making it before now!


Tomorrow's recipe will be Rocha Toffee!


2 comments:

Bookluvr Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bookluvr Mindy said...

Yummy! You are making me hungry over here!!!

Magical Urban Fantasy Reads
bookluvrmindy