Monday, July 25, 2011

Artist Spotlight: Regina Wamba


Meet digital & cover artist, Regina Wamba!



Q: How long have you been doing photography & cover art?

AI have been doing photography for probably like 8 years now, but recently been it’s been taking off in more than just a hobby doing models, families, seniors and weddings. Cover art and graphic design.. well I have been doing graphic design for 5 years, and cover art and digital art is something I taught myself in 2011, originally it stems from being a traditional artist with paints, charcoal, pastels, etc. I wanted to find something similar to painting and drawing, and found that with digital art, which now is turning into a passion doing cover art for authors! J

(A glimpse of Regina's work is pictured above)

Q: What cover artist do you look up to?

A: Too many to list.. but a few who are truly great artists are: Claudia McKinney, Audra Rosalie, Consuelo Parra

(Consuelo Parra's work)


Q: Usually how long is the process to create a cover?

A: Ooo.. well depends on how complex. I have spent days on a cover.. and some just a couple hours!


 
Q: If you could pick your top 3 authors to design a cover for, who would they be?

A: Lauren Kate, J.K. Rowling, and uhm.. soo sooo soo hard.. you or any other author! I love to read and put a picture to story.. so I guess I would love to help anyone!


Q: Top 3 Favorite Covers out there!

Well, Obviously I love the ones I’ve done. But I also love Firelight, Across the Universe, Revealers, and way too many more to list!









 
Lightening Round:

Cover: Hot Dude or Pretty Girl?

Pretty girl. Women are naturally much better at portraying emotion..

Morning: Coffee, Red bull or naturally perky?

Depends on the day. A good kick between coffee and Naturally Perky!

Movies: Laugh, Cry, or Scream?

Only one movie has ever made me scream.. and it was creepy. But mostly cry. I cry when people cry. Absurd.. I know. :/

Comic Hunks: Iron Man, Captain America, or Green Lantern

Meh..Green lantern

Food: Diner, Picnic, or Drive Thru:

Kind of a romantic.. PICNIC

Hot Dudes: Jason Momoa (Khal Drago), Chris Pine (Capitan America), Alex Skarsgard (Eric Northman):

Alex Skarsgard. Nuff said.


To view more from Regina or inquire about her talented services visit any of these links:




No comments: