Monday, January 24, 2011

Some people cease to amaze me!

Ok, so this might be slightly off subject, and has nothing to do with reading, but it has hit a MAJOR nerve with me.

Over the weekend, in CLEAR daylight, 2 young kids jumped the razor wire fence at the asphalt plant I work at & threw rocks thru every window in my office building. Oh, and boulders the size of my head were used to smash in the double pane front & back office doors.

(Front door side)

(Front door head on)

Stuff like this makes me furious, not just because it was my work place, but they were just kids. Probably bored on a Saturday afternoon looking for something to do, but at what point in their lives does breaking-and-entering become entertainment? What lead them to believe that this was even remotely ok? All I can say is that I will do everything in my personal power to make sure that my children know that what happened here is not entertainment.  That I will be there to watch over them, direct them to a different outlet so that they will never EVER think that it is ok to do something like this. There are consequences out there in this world, and that just because you might not be caught by Johnny Law, there's this bitch called karma and things ALWAYS come back to get at one point or another.

Okay, I'm down venting now. Have a wonderful Monday :)

No comments: