Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Passion Unleashed - By Larissa Ione


Serena Kelley has been charmed since she was 7 years old, she's always been able to stand her ground, kick some ass, and resist all temptation. As she meets up with Josh (Wraith), a man Val (her Guardian) has choosen to help her find something he needs in Egypt, she realizes she might be in more danger in his presence then she thought. I'm not talking about the blood, guts, & weapons type danger, I'm talking the "oh man is it hot in here, or is it just you?" danger that her libido is putting her in. Sure she's made out with guys, and seen how far her limits will allow her to go, but nothing like the heat that burns between her and Wraith. Will she be able to resist his temptation?

Wraith is a sexual Seminus demon with a little bit of vampire thrown in for fun. After being poisoned by an enemy he thought was dead, Wraith turns to his brothers for the cure. Unable to find one, they stumble upon Serena Kelley, a charmed human with a necklace that will make you immortal. All Wraith has to do is seduce her, piece a cake for a guy like him, but taking the cure isn't so easy when you know the person you're taking it from will die. Now if that isn't a mood killer, I don't know what is, oh how about adding that Wraith is falling for her on top of it?

What a catch 22, right? With everything you ever wanted in your grasp, finally realizing it's right there, how do you decide who lives & who dies?

-- I fell in love with the book when I saw it's cover! I mean come on, how can you not?! This being the first book that I've read from Larissa, I was very pleased! For a second I thought that I might have a problem with it slightly bouncing from the main characters, to different characters in the book, but then it all came together in the end. I realized it was part of a bigger plan, and it worked beautifully to make everything fall into place and make the story come full circle. So please pick up this book if you already haven't, it's well worth it!

No comments: